Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo 4: ODST

2 posters

Go down

Halo 4: ODST Empty Halo 4: ODST

Post  LGN xR4mPaG3x Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:47 pm

SO, what all do yall know about ODST?

I wrote an article, and if anyone is interested.

Halo 3: ODST; what’s the big deal?

The recently announced game developed exclusively for the Xbox 360, Halo 3: ODST, is a new game in the Halo Saga that lets gamers experience the events leading up to the popular story of Halo 3 through the eyes of a new character to the Halo experience.

Unlike the rest of the halo games in which you play as the Master Chief or the Arbiter during the campaign, gamers play as an ODST (Orbital Drop Shock Trooper) who is traveling through the city of Mombasa, East Africa in order to meet up with his scattered squad.

In addition, since the campaign is not led by a Spartan, players do not receive the advanced powers the Master Chief possesses. For example, ODST units are not equipped with the advanced armor, reflexes, or strength, such as running and jumping, seen in previous games.

With new elements and possibilities to revive an old concept such as Halo, many believe that ODST will be a helpful addition to the saga. However, critics are worried that there are simply not enough new features to the game to attract such a large audience to buying Halo 3: ODST. In addition, many critic the name and the story of this newly released game.

Justin McElroy, of the Joystiq critiques team is disappointed in the name and thinks it is less appealing.
“Just as we were starting to get excited for next year's Halo 3: Recon, we have to delete that name in our mind space and replace it with the far less sexy Halo 3: ODST. We're going to go out on a limb here and guess that you're probably still going to want to play it.”

A new edition to the game in question is the Firefight mode that allows up to four players to play co-operatively over Xbox Live or system link while fighting off wave, after wave, of invading covenant forces. This mode is very similar, if not exact, to Gears of War 2’s Hoard mode.
“If you enjoy the thrill of a lone group of human partners staving off dozens of bloodthirsty enemies, Firefight should be right up your alley,” said Richard Mitchell, of the Joystiq Game Review Team.

Although little information has been released about this anticipated game from Microsoft, gamers know that they should expect little less from their trusted buddies at the Bungie studio. Halo 3: ODST will be sold for $59.99 for the standard edition and $99.99 for the limited edition which includes an ODST decorated controller and access to future information regarding the Halo saga.

Nick Gouding
LGN News Team Editor
Monday, June 8, 2009

LGN xR4mPaG3x
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Halo 4: ODST Empty Re: Halo 4: ODST

Post  Y0UR DR3AM G1RL Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:29 am

you know what? my MAIN reason for the pre-order is so i can get that pre-order only Halo:Reach beta.
other than that..i LOVE halo but i think i would wait for a used copy to come in..
Y0UR DR3AM G1RL
Y0UR DR3AM G1RL

Back to top Go down